9.06.2011

Sparky Update...Again

I had another check-up today - I'm 39.5 weeks along - due this Friday.  I've finally made some more progress and am now 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced.  I'm a happy girl.  That means all the inconsistent cramping I was feeling this weekend was doing its job.  Now, if we could just get it to be consistent, and say, 5 minutes apart for an hour or more so I can head to the hospital and meet this little guy/gal!

My doctor doesn't estimate birth weights because it's so unreliable, but he did measure the head today (not really a precise measurement either in his mind) and it's measuring right at 39.5 weeks.  I have completely lost my mucus plug starting Thursday and continuing all weekend and today (ew!) and the doctor said my bag of waters is bulging.

The hope is that I have more significant labor before my water breaks and the hard core stuff starts.  With Jack I was only about 2 cm when my water broke and that wasn't ideal.  As of now my next doctor's appointment is Monday and I will be induced next Thursday or Friday.  Fingers crossed that we won't need either of those things!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Annie and Jason! And what a cute name for the big little guy! I really enjoyed reading this website tonight and smiling about all of Jack's words and interests, too. You will have to write about Jack's reaction to his baby brother when you get him home. Jeff wanted to know when Laura was going back to the hospital! Joan