8.16.2010

Surgery

Jack had surgery this morning to get tubes in his ears. I think I speak for all of us when I say I'm glad it's over! I tossed and turned all night thinking about it - for some reason I thought we were going to accidentally give him water this morning even though he couldn't have food or drink after midnight.

He was quite a trooper when we arrived at 6:15 am and talked to two nurses and the anesthesiologist. Then our doctor was running late, so our poor hungry guy started getting a little impatient. Luckily, some genius hospital worker decided they should keep a wagon in the pre-op area, so he had fun taking rides.

The doctor finally came at 7:15 and they took him away. We all cried! At 7:25 the doctor came out and told us everything went fine and a couple minutes later we could hear our very angry guy crying. They waited about five minutes before coming to get us, and when we got to him he was still pretty mad. He cried for the next 30 minutes or so, but by the time we got out to the car, he was doing much better.

He took a short nap when he got home and I'd say he's back to about 90% now. He'll be good as new in no time and hopefully ear infection-free!

No comments: