5.05.2010

Family Update

It's been awhile since I've talked about the rest of the family, so I thought I'd do a quick update. First and foremost....my sister is getting married!! Kelly & Greg are planning a small wedding in October in Rochester, NY where they live. We couldn't be more excited for them!! The ceremony will be on a boat cruise on the canal that runs through downtown Rochester, and the reception is at one of their favorite restaurants. She is calling it 'the anti-wedding;' no flowers, no photographer, etc. Can't wait!

Darlene finished her last chemo treatment today!! Very exciting! We had a celebration steak dinner tonight. Hopefully she'll be back to feeling normal before we know it.

Jason is doing great, keeping VERY busy with his business. He's starting his second full season with lawn care/landscaping, and April was a great start. If you know anyone in need of lawn care or landscaping services in the St. Louis area (especially St. Charles County), please let us know. His latest excitement was winning a 32" Sharp Aquos LCD Flat Panel TV in a raffle at a golf tournament Monday. Very lucky! We could use a TV in our bedroom, so we're thrilled.

I'm doing well, my job is finally starting to slow down some, which is nice. There were several weeks there where I was really questioning if I had made the right decision in accepting the new role. I started sand volleyball again a few weeks ago after taking last summer off when 2/3 of our team was pregnant. It's just so much more fun playing in the sand than in a gymnasium.

I think those are the most important updates in our family. Back to Jack in the next post.

No comments: