2.21.2010

6 Months Old!

Jack celebrated his 1/2 birthday Wednesday - hard to believe it's already been 6 months! He had his check-up Friday and weighs 22 lbs., 10 oz. (98.6th percentile), is 27.5" long (between the 75th and 90th percentile) and his head is 17 3/4" (between 75th and 90th). The doctor said everything looks good and asked a lot of questions about his progress. Jack is right on schedule with sitting up, grabbing things with his hands, passing things from one hand to the other, babbling, recognizing his name, etc. He had two shots and an oral immunization. He was not a fan of anything this visit - hated being measured, hated being weighed, hated having his ears looked at, refused to have his mouth looked at and, of course, hated having both thighs stuck (who can blame the poor guy). It was a rough one!

I think Jack is starting to get a touch of separation anxiety. Wednesday he went to day care so Daddy could work and when I dropped him off he cried and looked at me with these horribly sad eyes as I walked out of the room. I almost quit my job right then and there.

We also had his 6 month pictures taken yesterday at Portrait Innovations. Just like his 3 month pictures, we had to wait quite a while, but the pictures turned out GREAT! He was such a little ham even though he had only a short morning nap and was getting hungry. They took 73 pictures - it was so hard to narrow it down to only 6 poses to buy!! Luckily, we got the CD too so I can always get more printed if I have buyer's remorse. :)

Here is a sampling of my favorites:








No comments: