11.19.2009

Shades

First, we did an unofficial weigh-in and length measurement of our little 3-month old Tuesday night. You'll never guess how big he is now....21 pounds and 26"!!! Holy cow! To give you some perspective, here are some other stats from the past week: Giana Marciano (also 3 months old) = 13 lb., 4 oz.; Addison Asher (6 months old) = 20 lbs. 9 oz.; and Lily Knichel (15 months old!!) = 22 lbs., 8 oz. Yes, our son is a very big boy!! We love his big cheeks and his cushy little body. He is such a snuggle bug! Plus, I'm confident my arms are now stronger than they've ever been! Jack is cruising through the clothing sizes - he's been in 3-6 months/6 months for at least a month now, and he can almost wear 6-9 month/9 month clothes in some brands. Wow!

Now, for the subject of this post. We discovered awhile ago that Jack is a big fan of music (as most babies are). Jason loves to play the Black Eyed Peas for him and has even showed him their videos on youtube. We've switched from his regular lullaby CDs to Dave Matthews Band and Amy Winehouse and 311 (more for our sanity since we listen through the monitor, but Jack likes it too). BUT, the song that is the most soothing for him is from my Chi Omega days...Shades (you Chi-Os know what I'm talking about). I happened upon this when I ran out of songs I could remember all the words to without the music - you can only sing the ABCs, Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and Mary Had a Little Lamb so many times. So I sang Shades to him and he fell asleep! The next day, same thing! And now, almost every time he fusses I can calm him by singing that song. The most shocking part about it is I'm completely tone deaf, but somehow I manage to soothe him by singing. Hey, whatever works, right?

3 comments:

The Hazletons said...

I love it!!!!!!!!

Alison Marciano said...

Shut up!!!!!!! I'm gonna try!!!

Unknown said...

I know your singing voice is as melodious as mine, Al - maybe it'll work for Giana!