8.11.2009

No Update

Well, I went to the doctor yesterday after my raging hormones caused an unwarranted meltdown, which led to a tearful call to the doctor's office, which led to him seeing me yesterday instead of today (nice, I know). Surely I'm not the first emotional pregnant woman he's seen (or at least that's what I'm telling myself).

Anyway, there is no change from last week; I am still 1 cm dilated and 80% effaced. Bummer. He tried to "get things moving," so we'll see if that works. If it doesn't, he is going to schedule me to be induced either Monday or Tuesday (I should find out for sure which day sometime today). I'm crossing my fingers that something happens on its own before then, but I guess waiting one more week is not the end of the world.

I have been feeling LOTS of tightening in my stomach and random aches and pains in various parts of my abdomen and back, but still nothing super painful and definitely nothing consistent.

This waiting game is by far the hardest part of pregnancy if you ask me. All of the unknown is getting to me and causing me to be an anxious wreck and crabby to boot! I don't know if I've ever been this crabby in my life! Hopefully before we know it, we'll be holding this baby in our arms and all will be right in the world again.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: