11.25.2007

#1

Jason & I went to Kansas City yesterday to cheer our Tigers on to a HUGE victory over the previously-undefeated KU Jayhawks. We are now #1 for the first time in 47 years! We had a fun time - we didn't have tickets (they were VERY expensive by the time we decided to go), but we went and tailgated. Just before game time, we went to defrost and watch the game at the local Buffalo Wild Wings. The place was packed, and it was mostly MU fans, which of course made us happy. It was a fun night!

Cyndi & I did our annual shopping spree on Friday with 8 full hours of shop 'til you drop! It was a successful day for both of us, but as always, I ended up buying several things for myself. As long as there are at least some Christmas gifts mixed in, I don't feel so bad.

Thanksgiving was nice - we decided to forgo one of my family's feasts, so it was a lot less rushed than our normal holidays. Cramming 3 visits in one day is just too much.

As for my painting project - it's running a little behind. I bought a quart of paint to try out the color, so I painted as much as the quart would allow, which is about 1/2 of one wall. I like the color, so now I just need to finish the job. That is tomorrow's project, then it's back to work on Tuesday.

2 comments:

Modern Mama said...

I am soooo jealous you got to go to that game! That would be so much fun. I just can not believe they are number 1! I have been bragging and mocking other teams. I hope I don't regret that.
--Jen

Unknown said...

eek - might regret it now i guess!